Thursday, March 7, 2019

Supreme Court Videos

These short youtube videos were absolutely amazing. Embarrassingly, I have to admit that I had little to none knowledge of how the Supreme Court system worked. I never really realize how crazy it is that on average a Supreme Court Justices serve 16 years in office. That is about 3-4 Presidents after the one who appointed them. A lot can change in 16 years, it is really crazy to think that the Supreme Court stays relatively constantly on the way they think for that many years. In all honestly, after watching this video I think the Supreme Court system is a very good thing to have in our country. I also loved how this video gave a inside look into how the Supreme Court system works and operates. It is important for citizens of the United States to know what goes on with the Supreme Court especially because they have so much power in our country. The only part of the Supreme court system that I do not agree with is how the Supreme Court gets about 7,000 cases a year, but only takes about 100 seriously. That is a huge loop hole for very important cases to slide through the system without given the proper consideration. That means a lot of people get very let down by the Supreme Court and give up, but in reality those cases could be stepping stones to major changes in our country. These videos were really eye opening and informative and I am so glad I got the chance to watch them and I hope all others who were misinformed like me, can understand such an important part of our country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging